Monday, December 31, 2012

"Focus and Smart".. done before NYE!

Today I finished this "clean look" quilt, before New Year Eve.. I'll be going to a party tonight!. 
My son said:"Finally mom you finished it!"..It took so long to finish this project, too busy doing some other things made this project untouched. This is going to be his quilt, I give it a tittle "FOCUS and SMART". I mix and match two blocks, 12 Ohio Star blocks and 6 Log Cabin blocks. My son is a smart young man (He's 18 last week) and he needs to focus on his dream...I wish him all the best.

Ohio Star means Smart.

Log Cabin block means Focus.

Simple Tutorial.
Cut:
Red  3 1/2" square (1x)
White 2"x 3 1/2" (2x)
White 2" x 6 1/2" (2x)
Blue   2" x 6 1/2" (2x)
Blue   2" x 9 1/2" (2x)
White 2" x 9 1/2" (2x)
White 2" x 12 1/2" (2x)
Sew white strips to red, left and right side.
Sew white strips on upper and below.
Next, sew blue strips with the same steps.
And last the white strips again.

Ohio Star tutorial, here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!



3 comments:

Roos said...

Your quilt looks great. A happy New Year to you and your family too.

wienblog said...

Thank you Roos, Happy New Year! xo

neha gupta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.